Sunday, January 22, 2012

Peaceful Dragons


My daughters are having a bubble bath which they've converted into a restaurant kitchen in the bathroom adjacent to my bed where I write this, lying down, with the portable fan blowing on me.  Don is reading the Sunday paper downstairs.  The lovely Olesen family has just left after sharing a simple luncheon of homemade soup and rye bread and lots of laughter and good conversation.  We are off to Saul and Claire’s, our dearest friends, to celebrate Chinese New Year’s Eve in just an hour or so.  Life at its simplest can be so nice, can’t it?

Here are some of the things I love right now:

Friends
Heat
Down pillows
Peacefully playing daughters
Maple syrup
The man about the house
Soup
My new Rockport heels with Adidas “technology”
The fact that I am back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight
Teaching
A week off from teaching to celebrate Chinese New Year
Thermal socks
Cherries
Knowing I can sleep in tomorrow

Happy Year of the Dragon, everyone!  May your fires all be ignited and your passions take you where you want to go this year.
Making dumplings last February at Chinese New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment