Monday, January 2, 2012

High Hopes and Airports Don’t Mix




It appears food, exercise, patience and soul-enriching resolutions mean squat on a travel day. 

Getting from Hua Hin, Thailand back home to Hong Kong involved three hours in a car, lunch at Burger King, rowdy children (our own), a delayed flight and a lot of dirty bathrooms. 

On the positive side, I did manage to read a whole novel (The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri – gorgeous writing, deep character studies and an all-around delightful read), and I am now curled up in bed in my pajamas with a glass of wine, ready to contemplate my new starts for tomorrow.

They will involve:

  1. Actually doing some moving that doesn’t involve a moving walkway in an airport.  (To ease into this, let’s say half an hour of walking above and beyond daily activities and a bit of resistance training while watching Modern Family with my sweetie.)
  2. Eating reasonable amounts of reasonably healthful food.  (Since there is no food in the house, this may be a challenge; I will also go shopping!)
  3. Giving the people in my life my best energy and most positive output.
  4. Listening attentively to lots of holiday misadventures without interrupting and trying to tell mine!
  5. Not whining, even if I hurt.
  6. Meditating, even if it's in the tub with bubbles.

That seems like a lot!  Meantime, my resolution for tonight is to sleep long and hard.  (And for anyone who knows me, you know this may be the greatest challenge of all.)

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment