Friday, January 6, 2012

If I Had a Million Dollars…




- I’d still be propped up on pillows with my electric blanket, eating popcorn

- I’d still be chilling with my guy, planning our next adventure (though I might be insisting on finer accommodations and NOT flying Air Ethiopia)

- I’d still have a fear and loathing of talking on the telephone (which is why texting and emailing are aspects of technology I enjoy) and why Skype, aside from being free, is even scarier than talking on the phone.  For cripes sake, people get to look at you and catch you at your worst, (and your face often gets frozen and contorted in positions where you look like a rabid animal)!  Know that I will ALWAYS have my online status unavailable even if I AM available.  It’s not because I don’t love you.  It’s a phobia.  Really.

- I’d still be having “girl parties” with Charlotte and Emily, though they might be over high tea at the Peninsula Hotel instead of getting cones at McDonalds or eating grilled cheese jaffles in bed while watching Kung Fu Panda

 - I’d still be teaching nutty preteens because they’re just so much damn fun to be with, and they always laugh every time I say, “and the big but(t) is…”

- I’d still be feeling guilty when I eat more than my fair share of the cake in the staffroom and decide that I’ll step up my exercising tomorrow

- I’d still be driving Tammy van Damm, our 1999 station wagon, because I’m not a status car kind of gal

I think that means my life is pretty damn great just the way it is.  I’m thankful.  I’ve got what I need and mostly I’ve got what I want aside from skinnier legs and a youthful complexion.

No comments:

Post a Comment