Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It’s Official: I Can’t Do it All (Not Even Half)




I think my friend’s resolution to “just try to be happy every day” is infinitely more likely to lead to happiness than my making a list of 100 things to do, trying to slog through it, and feeling suicidal when I can’t possibly do it all.  

The joy of crossing a task off a list diminishes in comparison to the joy of lying on my electric blanket and watching Mad Men with my sweetie, doing a construction site floor jigsaw with Emily while she hides the pieces under her Cars pajamas or reading Charlotte’s Web with Charlotte and discussing where bacon comes from.

Geez, Louise, I feel like a loser for thinking I’d be able to blog on my multitude of successful outcomes.  I think I’ll post about what makes me happy instead. 

Okay, so I still love making lists, but I think I’ll start making my lists a little shorter.

Goals Today:

  1. Eat right.
  2. Exercise, at least a bit.
  3. Be kind.
  4. Floss.
  5. Eat popcorn, but only if I feel like it.
  6. Do stuff that makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a nice list.

    I just got a book called Eat That Frog! (I liked that title.) The first thing it talks about is how you can never get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why try, right? Titles are everything, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete