Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Every Moment I Love You




Every

Moment

I

Love 

You




A friend shared with me recently why she named her daughter Emily. How delightful! We christened our Emily by this name for a few reasons:


  • It honoured Don’s deceased mother
  • My deeply-loved Opa’s name was Max Emil
  • In Chinese, Ai(爱) is love; Mei (美) is beauty; Li (力) is strength or power - I May Lee is how it would be pronounced and how I often liked to say her name, loving her Chinese heritage, and recognising how each of those words pertained perfectly to who she was and how I felt about her


So now I have another reason to love the name of Emily, the name we gifted our forever-loved daughter.


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo Leah. HR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget Emily May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie CheatleyMarch 27, 2024 at 9:02 PM

    I love this photo so much! I never knew Emily was named after Don’s Mom ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how there is so much in a name

    ReplyDelete