Sunday, March 17, 2013

Making Your Own Luck




In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I'm going to blog about luck.  Luck, if anything, is a state of mind: believing that the best will come to you, believing that you deserve the best, believing that wherever we are right now is the moment we should be enjoying.

I personally am not bellying up to the bar with a green beer, but lying in bed with my legs propped up on a pillow.  My St. Patrick's Day is partially being spent in bed because:

a) I love my bed
b) I may have overdone it a tad too much today

And no, I didn't overdo it with alcohol.  There is no hangover, at least not from alcohol.  Three months ago I had a major back surgery and this morning I opted to go on a very small bike ride with my daughters.  It's the first time I've been on a bicycle since long before the surgery.  It was fun, challenging and scary.  It made me feel like an Olympic heroine.

Now I'm aching.  And I don't care.  I was brave and adventurous, and I created a moment for my daughters and for my myself.  Now I get to lie in bed and read and rest and that's also lovely.

So Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Go out and create some luck of your own today.



No comments:

Post a Comment